Wednesday 16 October 2013

Grateful Soon-to-be Bride

Erick and I have been blessed with wingless angels since we announced our engagement. We are very, very grateful to be showered with their love, generosity and kindness. For every question such as “What can we do to help you?” and “What else do you need?”. For every expression of excitement and anticipation. For every initiative to make things as easy as possible for us. For every question of concern, asking if I am stressed or about to freak out or if I am already on the verge of having a panic attack (haha). For every advice and word of wisdom on married life. For every question if we’re planning to have a baby immediately after the wedding (Thank you guys for being just as excited as we are!). For the unexpected financial blessings. For every prayer, rosary, and novena offered for us. We are grateful beyond words. Erick and I can feel God’s love radiate through these amazing people.

Truth be told, the only real wedding-related stress that I’ve experienced so far is over my lost confirmation certificate. And I practically didn’t have to do anything about it because my Ninang Debbie took the initiative to do what was needed. We have thirty days left before our big day, and only God knows how these days will transpire. With the help of my ever-reliable Maid of Honor and my Ninang Debbie, Erick and I are doing our best to finish all our pending to-dos. I’m a bit nervous because from counting months, we’re now down to counting weeks. But I am also really very excited. You have no idea. The thought of having the people closest to our hearts celebrate with us makes me wish that November 15 would come sooner. We are lifting up everything to the Lord, at the same time claiming that His will be done for our wedding day as well as for our married life ahead. I am thankful for being blessed with a very flexible personality — that if Plan A doesn’t work, I am open to Plan B, C, D, and so on and so forth. I think this is one of the reasons why I haven’t had any freak-outs thus far :)

I am also thankful for my wonderful soon-to-be husband who is just as hands-on as I am with our wedding preparations. He is involved in every single decision that has to be made. I made sure to get his opinion on everything because, well, it’s his wedding too. Hehehe :)He makes himself available whenever I need to sit down with him and discuss about the nitty-gritty details. If you’ve been reading my posts, you’d know that we have made full use of his awesome artistic and graphic design skills (he designed our save-the-date and will-you-be cards, as well as our invitation).

One thing I am proud of is that this wedding is something we can all our own. You’ll see bits and pieces of our personalities in the details. Everything is a labor of love by me and Erick together with our loving families :)

Our meaningful journey as an engaged couple is about to end, and a more beautiful life awaits us after we exchange vows with God and our loved ones as witnesses. I can’t wait for a lifetime honeymoon with my best friend :)

Much love from the soon-to-be Mr. and Mrs. 


No comments:

Post a Comment